The number one selling heavy-duty truck in the United States has arrived in Australia:
It is already great, but the unprecedented level of investment that we have and will continue to make in local engineering and testing will ensure the new Freightliner Cascadia is the best truck we have ever built for Australia.
Validation testing has always been a critical and ongoing process.
In connection with Daimler Trucks North America, we have built numerous prototypes to test new components and systems in Australia, while also simulating millions of road kilometres with cold chamber and hot room sessions to ensure effective operation in extreme temperature conditions.
- Designed for longer service life, fewer maintenance intervals, better fuel efficiency and improved ride quality (compared to previous Freightliner models)
- Process Oriented Design (POD) is used to ensure that components can be installed in a factory environment with consistent, high quality
- Coordinate Measurement Machine (CMM) is used to ensure the cab structure is manufactured to the tightest tolerances for cab squareness and hole alignment
- Cab painting is performed with robotics to ensure consistent paint finish
- Dash modules are tested with electrical power and air pressure prior to cab installation
- Direct Current (DC) tools are used throughout the manufacturing process where correct torque is essential for nut-style fasteners
- A new water test is utilised that incorporates high-pressure nozzles, replicating as much as possible real-world water intrusion
Testing in Australia
- Over 1,000,000KM of local and international testing
- Simulated millions of road kilometres with cold chamber and hot room sessions to ensure effective operation in extreme temperature conditions
What our customers say..
"The Cascadia is a truck you can rely on, in just about any application or condition"
– Peter Clifford Owner and Director Clifford Brick and Tile