Detroit diesel DD15 Engine
The heavy duty DD15 is the latest innovation from Detroit Diesel. Heralding a new era in advanced engine technology, the DD15 boasts unparalleled power and a long list of groundbreaking features.
- Breakthrough innovation called Amplified Common Rail Fuel System (ACRS) which delivers the fastest torque responsein its class.
- Turbo compounding system which recovers normally wasted exhaust gases and converts them into fuel efficient reusable power
- Excellent fuel economy and low cost in ownership.
- Smoother, quieter engine with integrated Jacobs Engine Brake means lower emissions, lower noise and reduced vibration.
- Longer maintenance intervals and better serviceability with modularly built engine sub-systems.
DETROIT DIESEL DD13 ENGINE
Fuel-efficient design delivers bottom-line benefits. Designed specifically for intrastate local distribution and vocational applications, the DD13 delivers a smooth, quiet ride and improved fuel economy.
- Smart, fuel-efficient design makes the most of every litre.
- Amplified Common Rail Fuel System (ACRS) optimises each injection event to minimise fuel consumption.
- Advanced cooling system allows for decreased fan on time, minimising fuel consumption.
- Lower your cost of ownership with easier serviceability.
- Longest scheduled maintenance intervals in its class.
- Oil, coolant and fuel filters are positioned above the frame rails for easier, faster and cleaner filter changes.
- 65% parts commonality with DD15 means unmatched parts availability.
- Maintenance-free crankcase breather.
- Meet your deadline every time. Enjoy less shifting with an extremely wide and flat torque curve.
- Three-stage integrated Jacobs brake offers quieter engine braking and provides superior braking horsepower for extended service brake life.
- Overall robust design provides B50 life of 1 million kilometres.
- Sturdy rear gear train and ribbed cast iron block minimise noise vibration harshness (NVH)
CUMMINS ISX AND SIGNATURE ENGINES EGR AND e5 SCR
Cummins ISX and Signature engines are legendary in the Australian market.
They are electronically up-rateable from 485 hp/1850 lb ft to 600 hp/2050 lb ft without any hardware changes. The Cummins e5 - SCR engines use the base ISX engine but incorporate a new common rail fuel system, a wastegate turbocharger and a single overhead camshaft. The SCR technology uses an exhaust after treatment system which converts nitrogen oxides (NOx) in the exhaust stream into harmless gasses. This means engine combustion can be optimised for improved fuel economy and reduced heat rejection.
The Cummins EGR engines have cooled EGR as the core technology. Cooled EGR is a simple self-contained sub-system on the engine requiring no changes to the proven Cummins 15-litre base engine design
Evolutionary engine upgrades are incorporated in the ADR80/03 ISX and Signature to further improve reliability and durability.
driveability and performance
The air-fuel ratio has been recalibrated for improved throttle response, and power and torque delivery are very smooth, even at low rpm. All ratings from the 485 hp ISX to the top of the line Signature 600 deliver best-in-industry engine brake performance of 600 retarding horsepower.
The air-fuel ratio has been recalibrated for improved throttle response, and power and torque delivery are very smooth, even at low rpm. All ratings from the 485 hp ISX to the top of the line Signature 600 deliver best-in-industry engine brake performance of 600 retarding horsepower.Learn More
CUMMINS ISLE5 ENGINE
The ISLe5 is Cummins’ latest generation 8.9-litre mid-range engine. Its SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction) technology works hard to reduce emissions and achieve massive performance gains.
Complying with Euro 5 and ADR80/03 emissions regulations, the ISLe5 provides best-in-class power density and fuel economy along with proven reliability and durability.
- High power-to-weight ratio.
- Ratings up to 400 hp/1,255 lb ft. High clutch engagement torque of 575 lb ft.
- Electronically up-rateable from 280 to 400 hp without hardware changes (depending on application).
- High-pressure common rail fuel system with electronic injectors for rapid power delivery, low noise and low emissions.
- Compression engine brake providing up to 250 braking horsepower.
- Heavy-duty design features such as targeted piston cooling, roller cam followers and steel top pistons for improved reliability/durability.